Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent 2009

Lent this year could not have come at a better time! I have been struggling these past few months and had found myself numb to what God was speaking to me...that's why this year Lent for me is about dying physically again and soaring spiritually! Everday we all worry with the physical aspects of life, we let them get in the way of our purpose, and of our time with God. I am now changing that. Lent 2009 is about dying physically and living spirtiually 100%. (and yes i repeated myself for a reason). So this year i am giving up basically all food except the neccessities! I want to pray more than i eat, not eat more than i pray. Every time i think about eating something i WANT i'm going to drop and pray. Why because i let physical aspects of this world bog my relationship with Him. And this is not right. I refuse to go before Him in prayer and say God i give you everything but i still want to worry about this, i still care about this and this. Nope not anymore. My physical life is not important to me for now, just my relationship with HIm is what i'll be focusing on. I will share this scripture with all of whom read this.... both verses that inspired my decision for 2009 are in Isaiah <3

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

" You were wearied by all your ways,
but you would not say, 'It is hopeless.
You found renewal of your strength,
and so you did not faint." - Isaiah 57:10

This is what faith is all about, so go live it out!

love to all! have a blessed Lent season to everyone, may you learn, speak to, or be spoken to!

No comments:

Post a Comment